BOOK OF ABSTRACTS IS NOW AVAILABLE:
All accepted abstracts to the EFSMA congress will be published in the Medicina dello sport, Official Journal of the European Federation of Sports Medicine Associations.
Main Congress Topics
- Development of elite young athlete
- Medical criteria for selection in sport
- Monitoring of athletes health
- Prevention in sports medicine
- Injury management and return to sport
- Exercise prescription for prevention and therapy
- Authors are invited to submit abstracts on any of the given themes.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific committee.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the congress programme with abstracts distributed also to all congress participants.
Abstract Submission Deadline
- The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 10, 2019.
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be sent electronically to the corresponding author
June 26, 2019.
- The organisers will publish only the abstracts submitted by authors, who will settle their registration fee by July 10, 2019.
The Scientific Committee will ultimately decide whether a submitted paper will be selected for an oral or a poster presentation. A considerable part of the invited talks will be selected based on scientific merit of submitted abstracts. Please make sure to indicate the preferred presentation type on the abstract submission web site.
Method of Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted only via the online form that is accessible after to create the new user account with your e-mail address and password.
- Authors will have access to their abstracts until the deadline and will have possibility to edit already submitted abstracts or submit another one.
- All correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to submitting author’s e-mail address.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstracts can be submitted on topics listed above.
- Abstracts and papers have to be written in English.
- Submitted abstracts must be original. Abstracts previously published or presented at an international scientific meeting cannot be submitted.
- Fill in the submitting author's name and e-mail address properly - these contact details will serve for further correspondence with the author(s).
- The length of the abstracts should not be more than 2000 characters
- Title: Make the title of the abstract brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. Use a capital letter for the first letter in the title only (DO NOT capitalize each word).
- Names of the authors: Submit the full given name(s) and the family name. Do not include degrees or professional titles.
- Original studies should have uniform structure (Background, Aim, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusion)
- Example of formatting:
o Background: Type the headings Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions in bold.
o Aim: Do not write the headings on separate lines. Start the text of the paragraph immediately after the colon (“:”) without pressing the “Enter” key.
o Materials and Methods: Example text. Example text.
o Results and Conclusion: Example text.
Instructions for Poster Preparation
Posters must be brought to the Conference by the presenting author and should not be mailed in advance. The required dimensions are 95 cm (width) by 140 cm (height). At the top of poster, please provide the title of the paper, names of the authors and their affiliations, all in bold lettering of about 2.5 to 3 cm size. Artwork and lettering should be large and clear enough so that the poster is readable from a distance of 1.5 m.